How To Get Inducted In the HS2 Project Fusion

SiteAdmin

Site Admin
Staff member
Operator Registration Now Open - Banner.jpg
The main current work for this year and going into 2021 on the HS2 project is auxiliary enabling works this work will include ecology and environmental works, archaeology surveys, highway realignments, demolishing buildings/land clearing, and utility service diversions such as gas, water, electric and telecommunications.

To be involved in these works you will need to be inducted. There have been 14 different contracts awarded so far and each contract will need its own induction, some inductions will need to be renewed every six months and some will stay active for the life of the works. The main two contracts that are being recruited for at the moment are FUSION (a joint venture of Morgan Sindall, BAM Nuttall and Ferrovial Agroman) and LM JV (a joint venture of Laing O’Rourke and Murphy)

To be inducted on HS2 project first, a work position must be created on one of the contracts that require a skilled worker or trade. The main contractor will then give the work to a subcontractor or a plant hire company with a purchase order. Once they have been given the purchase order the company will be able to book people on to the induction which will be given by the main contractor.

The subcontractors and hire companies will be giving these positions to their existing and regular staff, if they require additional staff members, they will advertise the positions and look for people who have previously been inducted. If no one can be found to fill the position they will then offer the work and induction to people who have not yet worked on the project.

Some of these positions offering fusion induction and LM (JV) induction will be advertised a Facebook group dedicated to and called HS2 Jobs. With the project requiring thousands of workers, we expect it to be a very popular and busy group with machinery operators and other related construction trades

HS2.jpg

Luke frampton

Hello I am currently working for balfour beatty on the m4 smart motorway project. I am a very skilled 360 excavator operator. I take pride in my work and love job satisfaction. I am very interested in becoming part of the hs2 project. Please could you tell me how do I can apply for an induction

Kevin Walsh

Founder
Staff member
Hello I am currently working for balfour beatty on the m4 smart motorway project. I am a very skilled 360 excavator operator. I take pride in my work and love job satisfaction. I am very interested in becoming part of the hs2 project. Please could you tell me how do I can apply for an induction

You will need to contact some of the companies that are currently working on the project, some of the large plant hire companies are Flannerys, Thomas Plant or Lynch. You should also contact some of the companies that are carrying out the enabling works on the utilities.